Faheem Ahmed, M.D.Physician
Dr. Ahmed grew up locally in Springfield, Virginia. He completed his undergraduate education at Rice University in Houston, Texas. Dr. Ahmed then attended Baylor College of Medicine, where he served as Class President and graduated Alpha Omega Alpha as one of the top members of his class.
He finished his ophthalmology surgical residency training at the world-renowned Wills Eye Hospital, the #1 ranked program in the nation. Dr. Ahmed specializes in cataract surgery and is certified in the latest technology, including using the femtosecond laser for premium lens implants. Dr. Ahmed also performs LASIK surgery and is a specialist for managing external surface disease, including blepharitis and dry eye. He is excited to offer the new iStent Inject implant to treat mild to moderate glaucoma.
Congratulations to Dr. Ahmed & Dr. Siegel for being awarded Washingtonian Top Doc 2023! Also to Dr. Ahmed for his 2023 Castle Connolly and Arlington Top Doc awards!
You can view his Washingtonian Top Doctor profile here.
- Board Certified Surgeon
Areas of Expertise
- Femtosecond Laser-assisted Cataract Surgery
- Premium Lens Implants
- LASIK / PRK Surgery
- Glaucoma & iStent Surgery
- External Disease
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- 2023: Castle Connolly Top Doctor
- 2023: Arlington Magazine Top Doctor
- 2019-2023: Washingtonian Magazine “Top Doctor of Northern Virginia & Washington D.C.”
- 2018-current: Foundation Fighting Blindness Medical Chair (Northern VA chapter)
Internship and Residency
Wills Eye Hospital
Einstein Medical Center
Baylor College of Medicine
Hospitals Affiliated With
Fairfax Surgical Center
Reston Surgery Center
TLC LASIK Eye Surgery Center